Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ottawa Photos I

One of my favorite shots of the trip. I love the vaulted and ribbed ceilings of the Parliament. I tried several times to get the long empty hallway without one of the hundreds of people touring, protecting, working etc. Finally I did manage to snag a vertical shot with my wide angle.






This is the dome above the Parliament library...the only original structure from the 1916 fire that destroyed the grounds.


This shot is from one of the cross hallways where there was never a clear shot from floor to ceiling. But again I did manage to capture a decent shot of the ribs and vaulted ceilings.












This is a blurry shot off the balcony of Karina's parents apartment in Ottawa. I love the city lights at night and if it hadn't been so cold, I would have spent a little more time outside.