Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Conference Schedules

This spring has already proven to be a hectic one with 2 conferences out of the way, Ive got 2 more to go. In just over 3 weeks I present at the Upper Midwest Region of the American Academy of Religion. This meeting, as every year, meets at Luther Seminary in St. Paul. This is my 3rd paper at this conference, which tends to be a collegial and fun affair. I am also excited about UND's presence at the conference. Patrick Luber, one of my committee members is presenting his research on the Viewmaster right after my paper (which ironically is in part wrestling with his wife Jennifer Nelson's artwork). But there are a few others from the religion department that are either presenting or chairing a session.


I will also be presenting at College Theology Society annual meetings this year. We will be traveling to the University of Portland for the conference which runs June 3-6th. You can see the conference details here and the presentation schedule here. Our theme of Religion, Economics, and Culture in Conflict and Conversation should be an interesting one.