Monday, January 7, 2008

Only Say the Word

Only Say the Word by Erica Grimm-Vance


Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.

Jesus said, "Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Live by the Spirit, I say, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. For what the flesh desires is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit desires is opposed to the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the law.

To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.