Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recent Work

This is one of the pieces I have been experimenting with lately in effort to age the overall image. This is a shot of the local elevator from this past summer in Lake Park, Iowa (my parents home). I think this really falls in quite nicely with my formal aesthetic and love of line and geometry. In black and white the image really pops with a wide tonal range...I think it is lovely. But this toned image really captures the old photo look I am after (minus the precision of the digital print).

I have also tried this toning method with my previous experiment of boiling the emulsion off the fiber backing which adds another dimension of aging.

Tomorrow I have the privilege to teach the undergrad. advanced photo class a few of these methods.

Oh...and if you wanna buy a print...I would be happy to sell one...or seven.