Monday, July 7, 2008

Recent Photos: One

This past weekend I went to my parents home in Lake Park, Iowa. I spent a couple of hours wandering around the small town taking photos of store facades and back alleys. I can see several recurring themes and interests rising to the surface in these shots as well as in other sessions. I think my recent interest in Jeff Brouws and Stephen Shore is evident as well.

I was attracted to this image not simply because of the lettered stickers that were flaking off, but also because of the tonal ranges.



What stood out to me in this self-portrait of sorts is the 24-7 sign in the window. As I studied this building from across the street I noticed the geometry of the image. Brick...Window...Door Frame...Ceiling Tiles. I also love the reflection.







Here is another shot of the laundromat from above.