Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Recent Photos: Two

This is a fun shot. It is actually a composite of two shots stitched together. This is the south side of the Lake Park carwash. What struck me as I stood there was the differences among the four windows.
This shot is of one of the elevator or lumber yard buildings. Again I think the image stands out because of its geometry and color variance. In the shot we see several different kinds of tin used in the upper wall, roofing, sliding door, and lower wall. Also the actual window mirrors the golden window-like pieces in the upper level.



Every visitor to town is greeted by the IOOF sign as they ascend the town hill. Again I think the geometry of the image captured my attention. The large horizontal rectangle of the sign with the smaller bisected vertical rectangle of the window and air conditioner.